Restores & Cleans Natural & Artificial Stone
DESCA-100 is an alkaline and thixotropic product with a viscous paste appearance, developed for cleaning natural and artificial stone. Dirt caused by pollution, smoke, organic growth and mould, and general environmental can be easily removed, restoring the surface’s original aesthetic appearance.
The high viscosity and adherence of DESCA-100 to substrates make it suitable on vertical and horizontal surfaces, minimising product “run” and improving contact with the stone, thus achieving a higher degree of final cleaning.
DESCA-100 contains no abrasive elements, greatly reducing any “wear and tear” of the stone while brushing and rinsing. Due to its high cleaning power, the absence of acids in its composition which often damage the stone, and its strong adherence to surfaces, it is highly recommended for cleaning stone façades, stone sculptures and monuments. armorial bearings, doorways, etc (made of stone), restoring of stone floors, and the maintenance of stone ornaments.
LOOKING FOR A WATERPROOFING SOLUTION FOR YOUR PROPERTY?
- Easy to apply
- High cleaning power
- Spectacular results
- Improved surface appearance
- Restores the original appearance of stone
- Removes environmental dirt (smog etc)
HOW TO USE
The yield of DESCA-100 will depend on the dirt degree and the roughness of the stone. In general you can expect yields of 4-6 m2/l.
It’s not recommended to use DESCA-100 on aluminium elements, or on paints which are not to be removed. If applied to paper (posters, etc.) it has a strong solvent action on cellulose, even altering rubber surfaces.
Method of Use:
DESCA-100 should used as supplied, without diluting or mixing with other products. In general the process should be:
- Lightly dampen the surface to be cleaned with water to improve adhesion.
- Apply DESCA-100 to the relevant area, covering it well, using a nylon or similar synthetic brush.
- Allow the product to work for 15 to 45 minutes, depending on the surface roughness and the degree of dirt: Higher temperatures will require less time.
- Wash the treated surface with water while brushing with a strong-bristled brush until all the product residue is removed. Best results will be achieved using a power washer.
When used following this procedure, it’s not usually necessary to neutralise afterwards.
Use protective gloves and glasses, as it causes burns on skin. Avoid contact with eyes and mucosae. In case of contact with eyes, wash with plenty of water and seek medical advice. In the event of contact with skin, wash with plenty of soap and water or with a diluted solution of boric acid.
DESCA-100 is packaged in 30 and 60 kg non-reusable, plastic containers.