SEALING FIBRES IN ASBESTOS SHEETS
TECMA FIX AM is designed to harden the surface of asbestos substrates with disintegrating fibres to fix and encapsulate them, preventing their dispersion when being handled. It is a water-based product, without odours or volatile organic compounds that is easy to apply.
Once dry, the product is not soluble in water and ensures the particles and fibres are adhered to the surface, preventing their dispersion into the environment.
LOOKING FOR A WATERPROOFING SOLUTION FOR YOUR PROPERTY?
- Appearance: Blue liquid
- Formed film: Transparent
- Drying at 22º C and 55% HR: Touch 30 minutes
- Application: Spraying
- Density: 1,01 ± 0,01 g/c.c.
- Cleaning solvent: Water
HOW TO USE
TECMA FIX AM is recommended for the treatment of asbestos surfaces with low surface hardness or disintegration, encapsulating any loose asbestos fibres before the removal of materials.
Surfaces should preferably be dry. The product can be applied if there are traces of moisture on the substrates but should not be applied on wet or flooded surfaces.
Method of Use:
Stir the product before use. Apply using fine spray equipment or graphic air spray-gun if possible, to achieve a uniform application. It is important to apply a sufficient amount of product depending on the condition of the surface. To ensure coverage of the surface, it is recommended to apply two cross coats of the product wet-on-wet. In cases where the porosity of the product permits coverage of the surface with a single coat, a proper coating of the entire surface must be ensured by applying enough product.
Consumption will be influenced by the degree of disintegration and the absorption of the substrate. To achieve a good result, the consumption should be between 150-300 g/m2, although there may be substrates that, due to the degree of disintegration and porosity, will need a higher concentration. Whenever possible, it is very advisable to carry out a prior test to adjust the coverage to suit the surface condition of the substrate. Once the product is dry, it can be repainted with water-based paints.
- Given the multitude of varieties of materials, it is advisable to carry out a small prior test to check the suitability of the treatment.
- Do not apply at temperatures below 5º C or with relative humidity above 85%.
- Do not apply the product if it is suspected that it will rain within two hours after application.
- The handling of materials and surfaces treated with the product can only be done when the product is completely dry. Depending on the ambient temperature and relative humidity, the drying times will be shortened or lengthened.
The product must be stored at temperatures between 5 and 35ºC, protected from frost. The product, preserved in its original containers and hermetically sealed, can be stored for at least one year.