CE APPROVED WATERPROOFING
ABOVE AND BELOW GROUND
TECMADRY®F is a flexible, single-part hydraulic waterproofing cementitious mortar that prevents and eliminates damp both above and below ground level.
TECMADRY®F completely seals the surfaces it is applied to, and prevents water filtration under both negative and positive pressure conditions. Due to its special formula, TECMADRY®F does not alter the water vapour transmission properties of the surfaces it is applied to, which means they can continue to breathe naturally.
Due to its high resistance to outdoor conditions and its incomparable finish,TECMADRY®F can just be applied and left to dry – there is no need to paint over it. It achieves the aesthetic and decorative properties of other finishes.
TECMADRY®F is recommended for the treatment and prevention of damp. It provides unbeatable waterproof protection on: concrete, cement rendering, cement mortar, concrete blocks, plastered brick, stonework etc. It proves highly efficient when waterproofing:
- Interior and exterior basement walls, air chambers, and facades
- Lift shafts
- Foundations and first-layer brickwork
- Tunnels and balconies
- Tanks and swimming pools
- Water cisterns
- Slab floor edges
- Pools and fountains
- Grain silos
- Apparent density of the component in powder form: 1.15 g/cm3
- Granulometry (EN 12192-1) : 0 – 0.6 mm
- Pot life: Approx. 30 minutes
- Temperature of application: from +5 to +30ºC
- Apparent density of the fresh mortar (EN 1015-6): 1920 kg/m3
- Setting time (EN 13294): initial: 5 hours, final: 6-7 hours
- Water vapour permeability (EN ISO 7783-1/-2) (Equivalent air barrier): SD < 5 metres
- Class I (EN 1504-2) Permeable to water vapour
- Liquid water permeability (EN 1062-3) : < 0.1 kg/m2.h0.5 water impermeability (EN 1504-2)
- Adherence on a concrete structure (EN 1542) (28 days): 1.07 MPa (Product cohesive breakage)
- Adherence on a ceramic structure (EN 1542) (28 days) : 0.92 MPa (Product cohesive breakage)
- Adherence on a concrete structure (EN 1542) (6 months) : 2.81 MPa (Product cohesive breakage)
- Adherence on a ceramic structure (EN 1542) (6 months): 1.15 MPa (Surface cohesive breakage)
- Compression resistance (EN 12190) : > 35.0 MPa
- Flexotensile strength (EN 196-1): > 9.0 MPa
- Dangerous substances (EN 1504-2): Complies with section 5.3 of standard EN 1504-2
HOW TO USE
Surfaces must be clean and free from any contaminants such as grease, oil, the remains of any concrete release agents, grout, dust, sand or an loose or badly-adhered particles etc. Any paint and the remains of any other waterproofing agents must be removed. Any efflorescence or mineral salts must be removed before applying TECMADRY®F. Any damaged areas must be repaired beforehand, using PREMHOR or PREMHOR – R. If there are any leaks, seal them with PROQUICK and then apply a coat of PREMHOR grout before applying TECMADRY®F. Before applying TECMADRY®F on any surface, you must first moisten the surface with water.
Follow these steps when applying the product:
- Moisten the surface by spraying it with clean water.
- Apply the mass of TECMADRY®F and water using a special short-hair brush. Extend a first coat over the entire surface.
- Let the coat that you have applied dry for some 8-12 hours depending on the weather.
- Moisten the coat that you have applied to let it set better, before you apply the second coat.
- Apply a second coat perpendicular to the first one, and cover the entire surface. Every so often, moisten the coat that you have applied to ensure that it sets evenly.
Prepare the required amount of water and add TECMADRY®F, stirring the mixture until it is completely aggregated. As a guideline, use approximately between 6.0 and 6.5 litres of water for each 25 kg bag of TECMADRY®F. It is recommended that you use a mechanical mixer to knead the mass. Start mixing with just a little water, beating it slowly but constantly.
Add water to the even paste until it reaches the necessary consistency, making sure no lumps are allowed to form. It is not a good idea to stir too quickly, as a lot of air will get into the mixture which will give rise to craters and porosity when it comes to applying it. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes, this will help it set better.
Although TECMADRY®F has exceptional adherence and flexibility, you are highly recommended to add CRYLADIT to the mixing water, at least 2 litres of CRYLADIT for each 25 kg bag of the product, as this will improve the properties of the mortar even more (impermeability under pressure, adherence, curing etc.). TECMADRY®F should be mixed using a solution of water and CRYLADIT in a proportion of 2 parts of water for each part of CRYLADIT. Before kneading it, dilute CRYLADIT in water and then add this solution to TECMADRY®F, stirring until you obtain a smooth mixture. One 25 kg bag of TECMADRY®F will need approximately 4.0-4.5 litres of water and 2 litres of CRYLADIT.
- Do not apply when the temperature falls below 5ºC or if frost is expected in the next 24 hours.
- Do not apply on frozen or frosty surfaces.
- Do not moisten the wall too much in low temperatures (5ºC – 0ºC).
- Do not apply to gypsum plaster, paint or lime.
- Let it cure for at least 7-14 days (depending on the temperature and the atmospheric humidity) before filling with water or painting.
- It is best to let some time go by so that the surface can settle and stabilise before applying TECMADRY®F. This would normally be about 2 months.
To make sure the surface is correctly waterproofed, we recommend you use between 1.5 and 2 kg/m2. When water pressure conditions apply, for example swimming pools, cisterns etc., you should use between 3 and 4 kg/m2.
TECMADRY® F is available in white.
Marked as compliant with standard EN 1504-2 (system 2+) and with European construction products regulations.