KEEP SURFACES CLEAN IN FOOD AND HEALTH ENVIRONMENTS
TECMA PAINT ® ECOPOX is a water-based epoxy paint for the protection of surfaces, highly resistant to washing, oils, grease, water-based solutions, impacts and abrasions. This is a coating that can be diluted in water and is free from harmful smells or fumes. It is highly suitable for painting floors and walls in places where the use of solvents is not recommended.
This product is ideal as a coating for walls and floors in hospitals, milking-parlours, dairies, food processing factories, the food industry, car parks, workshops, industrial buildings, warehouses, etc.
LOOKING FOR A WATERPROOFING SOLUTION FOR YOUR PROPERTY?
- Nature: Water-based epoxy polyaniline
- Thinner: Water
- Application: Brush / roller
- Temperature of application: from +15 to +30ºC
- Surface Drying Time: To touch 4 hours, to recoat minimum 8 hours, maximum 4 days
- Theoretical performance: 7 m /kg for a dry film thickness of 50 µm
- Water vapour permeability (EN ISO 7783-1/-2) (Equivalent air barrier): SD < 5 metres Class I (EN 1504-2) Permeable to water vapour
- Water permeability (EN 1062-3) : < 0.1 kg/m2.h0.5 Water impermeability (EN 1504-2)
- Permeability to CO2 (UNE-EN 1062-6:2003): SD> 50 metres
- Adherence on a concrete structure (EN 1542) : 3.8 MPa ( A=100%)
- Abrasion resistance (UNE-EN-ISO 5470): < 600 mg
- Dangerous substances (EN 1504-2) : Complies with section 5.3 of standard EN 1504-2
- Reaction to fire (UNE-EN ISO 9239-1:2000 and UNE-EN ISO 11925-2:2002): Bfl-s1
- Resistance to chemical products (UNE-EN 13529): Class II- H2SO4 20%; NaOH 50%; HCl 35%; non-oxidant inorganic salt solutions pH 6-8, inorganic bases and their alcaline salts pH>8, except hypochlorite and ammonium salts. Inorganic acids up to 20% and their salts except hydrofluoric acid and oxidant acids. Used motor oil. Class I: Xylene; White-Spirit e.g.150/200; Aromatic Naphtha e.g. 160/200
- Colours: consult colour chart
HOW TO USE
Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease, oil, dust, loose grout etc. Cement or concrete surfaces must be allowed to set completely and no paint should be applied until at least 28 days after the concrete or the cement has been laid down. Surfaces that are not rough or porous must be roughened by mechanical means, preferably, or by applying our chemical remover such as our DESCA 2F product. Afterwards, rinse the surface with plenty of water in order to eliminate any product residue. Iron or steel surfaces must be primed in advance using an epoxy or other compatible primer such as TECMA PAINT.
Stir the contents of the base component. Continue stirring and gradually add the contents of the catalyst container. Continue stirring until a uniform blend is obtained.
On concrete and cement surfaces dilute the first coat with 10-15% water, depending on the porosity of the surface. As a coat of primer you can also use TECMA PAINT ECOTRANS diluted with 30-35% water or TECMA PAINT A-H. After at least 8 hours, at 20ºC, apply the second coat undiluted. On iron and steel surfaces, apply the undiluted product to the primed surface.
- Cement and concrete surfaces must be completely dry before applying TECMA PAINT ® ECOPOX.
- Do not apply when the temperature falls below 15ºC
- Do not apply when the relative humidity is greater than 80%, or when the surface temperature is less than 3ºC above dew point.
This product has been granted the European conformity mark and complies with standard EN 1504-2 (System 2+) and with European construction products regulations.
Packaging and Storage:
Available in 12kg net, ready-to-use, pre-dosed packs (base + catalyst). Store in areas protected from frost. The product can be stored in hermetically-sealed original containers for one year.